Ongjin County

MENU


About Ongjin

2006
March 24

Newly constructed and moved the office building (Sinheung-dong, Jung-gu → Yonghyeon-dong, Nam-gu)

1999
July 20

Changed the name from Songrim-myeon to Yeonpyeong-myeon

1995
March 01

Integrated to Incheon Metropolitan City (7-myeon, 2-branch)

1994
December 26

Incorporated Daebu-myeon to Ansan-si, Gyeonggi-do (7-myeon, 2-branch)

1989
January 01

Incorporated Yeongjong-myeon, Yongyu-myeon to Incheon City (8-myeon, 2-branch)

1983
February 15

Promoted the Jawol Branch of Yeongheung-myeon to Myeon (10-myeon, 3-branch)

1975
May 20

Installed the Socheong branch in Daecheong-myeon (9-myeon, 4-branch)

January 04

Moved the former office building (Dowon-dong, Jung-gu → Sinheung-dong, Jung-gu)

1974
July 01

Promoted the Daecheong Branch of Baengnyeong-myeon to Myeon (9-myeon, 3-branch)

1973
July 01
  • Incorporated 3-branch of 6-myeon in Bucheon-gun (8-myeon, 4-branch)
  • Myeon (6): Yeongjong, Bukdo, Yongyu, Deokjeok, Yeongheung, and Daebu
  • Branch (3): Jangbong, Muui, and Jawol
1962
June 14

Installed the Daecheong Branch in Baengnyeong-myeon (2-myeon, 1-branch)

1953
July 27

Restored 2 myeons including Songrim-myeon and Baengyeong-myeon (since the Korean War Armistice)

1951
January 04

Installed a temporary military office (Dap-dong, Jung-gu, Incheon)

1945
August 15
  • Incorporated to Gyeonggi-do (1-eup, 12-myeon)
  • Ongjin County in Hwanghae-do before national independence (1-eup, 10-myeon)
1896
 

Became Ongjin County, Hwanghae-do due to implementation of the 13-province system (33rd year of King Gojong of Joseon)

1018
 

Installed Ongjin-hyeon (9th year of King Hyeonjong of Goryeo)